Better Tag clouds for your site, about your site... or about anything you want!

I just placed a cloud at my site but some tags aren't as relevant as I was hoping they'd be: Comments

Posted by eiochemipensavo (Contact, Page)
Date: March 17th, 2006, 1:33

i actually signed up last tuesday, and posted 3-4 times since, but the zoomcloud doesn't seem to update. did i do something stupid or is there something wrong with the cloud?
thanks.
alessandro

~~~

Posted by RBA (Contact, Page)
Date: March 17th, 2006, 1:44

Alessandro, all clouds are updated approximately every 24 hours. I see yours shows rigth now a "last updated" time of 23 hours and 36 minutes, so you should see it updated really soon.

~~~

Posted by Oscar Arevalo (Contact, Page)
Date: April 12th, 2006, 14:58

You mentioned that clouds are updated according to how many times they are visited.. what about if you are using the XML data directly? does that mean that my cloud will not be updated since I am using only your data with my own display-- I may display the data a 1000 times, and only click on a tag a couple of times.

~~~

Posted by RBA (Contact, Page)
Date: April 13th, 2006, 13:00

Oscar, anytime there's a query - whether via JavaScript or to get the data via XML - the ZoomClouds engine checks whether it's time to update the data for the cloud.

Just to clarify, this check is not done when someone clicks on a tag, but when the data is requested. In other words, anytime the cloud needs to be redrawn - this includes querying ZoomClouds via the API and fetching the XML data.

~~~

Posted by David Wen (Contact, Page)
Date: May 9th, 2006, 22:44

I'm trying to use the zoomcluds as a table of contents or as a cateogry or previous posts if you will. Each of my posts has a keyword in the title. For example, it would say Ads: Ford Commercial.

But I only want it to use the word "Ad:" in the Zoom cloud.

Will Zoomclouds only count those keywords in the future?

An example can be seen at Fallon Trend

Thanks!

~~~

Posted by Ericka Marquez (Contact, Page)
Date: June 22nd, 2006, 13:59

Question: so how can I define unwanted terms?

~~~

Posted by Mark (Contact, Page)
Date: July 11th, 2006, 12:55

First of all, let me say that you all have done excellent work. ZoomClouds are awesome.

Related to the question above: I just created a cloud at http://dankovalik.com/ Question is: There is mention of a "New Yorker article", which the zoomalyzer pulls out as "yorker article".

Can you tell me how this works and if there is anything I can do to make zoomalyzer see "New Yorker article" instead? Are there other examples of this misunderstanding?

~~~

Posted by RBA (Contact, Page)
Date: July 12th, 2006, 13:05

Hello Mark,

Try adding "New Yorker article" as a wanted tag, and "Yorker article" as an unwanted tag. That should take care of it.

~~~

Posted by Ericka Marquez (Contact, Page)
Date: July 18th, 2006, 10:01

How do i add wanted and unwanted tags?

thnx

~~~

Posted by RBA (Contact, Page)
Date: July 19th, 2006, 4:28

Go http://www.zoomclouds.com/myClouds/
Click on EDIT then on FILTERS

~~~

Posted by German (Contact, Page)
Date: July 22nd, 2006, 6:43

Hi,

I'm using zoomclouds on my blog, and there are some words I get taht when I do click over them, I get 2 times the same article: 1 time withc accents, and the other time without accents.
Besides it, these words are not relevant, because in fact there are just in 1 article...

~~~

Posted by Chookooloonks (Contact, Page)
Date: August 3rd, 2006, 13:17

Hi --

I just created a zoom cloud, and although I say that I want 50 tags in the cloud, right now there are only 4. Is that just because I just made the thing, and it'll increase over time? Or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

K.

~~~

Posted by cedric (Contact, Page)
Date: November 29th, 2006, 5:42

hi there.
your clouds are great. I just have a little issue: it picks up some of my draft, actual posts and some archives... leading to some overweighed tags. In addition, some of the links are not live links. Is this a setting to be fixed on my end to optimise the relevancy of the cloud?
thanks

~~~

Posted by weirdgrrl (Contact, Page)
Date: February 1st, 2007, 23:20

I've used the filter to pick wanted and unwanted tags, but it doesn't seem to be paying attention to my wanted tags (even though it was listing them previously). Plus, a couple of random tags are now in the cloud twice. What's going on?

~~~

Posted by Serola (Contact, Page)
Date: March 1st, 2007, 7:23

I wonder if ZoomCloud is giving more weight for words in English? Also it seems that long words don't get any weight. See for yourself:
generated from following feeds:

The language is Finnish where it is usual to have number of combined compound words and word endings like -lla.

~~~

Posted by Serola (Contact, Page)
Date: March 8th, 2007, 9:08

Algorithm behind the Zoomclouds still looks somewhat odd. I have tried to create tag cloud only for keywords at http://infostudies.blogsome.com/zoomclouds/ using RSS .92 but the problem is that the zoomcloud seem to put more weight on long descriptions and words in English. One example is the Finnish slang word 'kans', which is mentioned only once in one quite long description and it still get a lot of weight. An other word 'meta' is there like I hoped but it get much less weight even that it is mentioned much more often than 'kans'. So what is the logic or is there any?

~~~

Posted by Serola (Contact, Page)
Date: March 12th, 2007, 1:36

Is this project totally abandoned or what? I posted a comment to this topic few days ago but it is not added in here. Well, I try again...

International users, be aware. Zoomclouds seem to give more weight to English words. And long words seem to be totally overlooked.

~~~

Posted by fembot (Contact, Page)
Date: March 24th, 2007, 17:11

What sort of logic is used to determine the relevance of a topic? My cloud has the word 'infoseek' blown up...it is a word contained in 3 links in ONE single post. ONE post. There are other words (read: actual topics) used much more often that are not shown in that very-loud font size.

This seemed like a great idea, but I'm not going to have people look over at that cloud and think INFOSEEK is a topic of relevance on my blog.

Thanks.

~~~

Posted by fembot (Contact, Page)
Date: March 24th, 2007, 17:11